Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another one bites the dust

It's official, KB Toys is facing liquidation. They've had quite the interesting road over the past 8 years, but they haven't been a force in the toy world for awhile. Wal-Mart and electronics have certainly changed that landscape.

As I've said for awhile, the weaker retail hands are going to have to fold. The game continues, fewer players each round. A partial list of the dearly (and somewhat recently) departed:
  • Steve & Barry's
  • Linens & Things
  • Sharper Image
  • Boscov's
  • Lillian Vernon
  • Mervyn's
  • Whitehall Jewelry
  • Circuit City
  • KB Toys

There's more to come. I'd post it here, but then I'd be the subject of hate mail from management teams. That's no fun. Feel free to email me if you want to know my thoughts, though.

Carry on. You probably won't even notice they're gone.

No comments: