Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I had hoped to talk about healthcare...

We were going to talk about healthcare on the Fast Money Halftime Report today - specifically about Pfizer's little problem with Chantix, their smoking cessation drug. Apparently something isn't right there, so the FDA is requiring what they call a 'black box' warning label. But we didn't.

And frankly, I'm bummed. Because I have the perfect way to play this little problem. Big warning label = equals fewer sales of the drug. Fewer people quitting smoking means more cigarettes get sold. So, I bought Philip Morris International (PM) for myself today. I like the 5% dividend. The chart looks good. The valuation isn't extreme. Their emerging markets exposure is growing at 20%. What's not to like?

Now, without further ado, today's Halftime report, sans healthcare.












No comments: