Friday, January 16, 2009

Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do

Bank of America liked what Uncle Sam was serving so much that this week they came back to the feeding trough yet again. To date, the US tax payers have flung $138 b-b-billion to BofA.

Admittedly, I'm sometimes a bit simple in how I view the world, but I thought the TARP money was necessary to prevent the collapse of the financial system. I was a proponent of it under those circumstances. But someone PLEASE explain to me why a company who took a major amount of TARP money... TWICE... is still allowed to pay a dividend to the common equity shareholders who should be accepting the risk inherent in owning stocks!!

I'll just sit here quietly and wait for your answers. My inbox is open.

1 comment:

Missty said...

Yikes!! Pretty scary right now!